Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cabbage Wraps!

Recipe for Cabbage Wraps!
fast - easy - vegan - almost raw



First up I have to mention that I am not a recipe user and writing down messurements when I cook is hard for me because I change my mind and add things as I go. (-;
So, don't take the amounts too seriously or exact and add as much of the different ingredients as you please.


You need:
Big Cabbage Leaves
1 Beet
1/2 small Onion
1 medium Carrot
Handfull of Raisins
Lemon
1-2 tablespoons Olive oil


How it's done:
Gently 'peel' off the big Cabbage leaves without tearing them apart. Steam them in a pot full of water until they get kind of translucent. Maybe about 5-10 minutes.

In a food processor add the peeled and chopped beet, onion and carrot and shred it.
Pour the mixture into a bowl add some lemon juice, olive oil and the raisins. 
Add other herbs and spices if you desire. Mix.








Gently add some salad mixture on a cabbage leave and roll it up, securing the package with toothpicks.


                                     



                                       


Eat right away or store in fridge for lunch the next day.


The possibilities of this dish are endless, you can wrap up pretty much anything into a cabbage leave and don't we like certain things just better when they are wrapped?





love, n.





No comments: