Friday, October 5, 2012

Market Food

Remember, I was going to post meals I made with the produce purchased at the market? 

So here we go....

.....and they are mostly just ideas, not exact recipes....
...sorry! 



Salad in a jar, excellent for 'on the go' so you don't have to eat your kids snacks.

Instead of salad sauce I actually dumped some hummus on top.






Give your kids some raw veggies to try, you may be in for a surprise because they might even like them. Mine are eating raw rainbow beets. They came back for more!


(she made me take a pic of that tiny little piece she had left. goof ball!)



Quickly stir fried veggies - in this case; red peppers, cauliflower, carrots and beets - with a miso sauce (super yummy) and kale chips.




And for spaghetti night we had beef-tomato-sauce with the beef coming from Four Sisters Farms (link on the side of the blog). I also cut up some broccoli and cauliflower stems nobody would normally eat and cooked them in the sauce. 
This was a hit with my 5 year old. 







Hope you enjoyed these pics! 





love, n.





1 comment:

Maria said...

Can you post some recipes for how to use a spaghetti squash? If I would know how to use it, I would definitely try it this fall!